Sunday, August 29, 2010

1st day of classes!

Today we had the 1st day of classes! I think I am going to love my Disease and Healing class. It is really interesting. Even though I don’t like English classes, I also think I will enjoy this one. All the professors here are very down to earth. Most of them asked to be called by their first name. I am already seeing how this ship is turning into one large family. Tonight was also the first “pub night”. Here students can get 3 drinks for the evening but they are outrageously expensive. My friends and I set on the deck and played cards. This lifestyle is one that I could easily adapt to. I was able to go to class then layout and then go back to class get a workout and then relax with friends. It is so amazing to meet all of the students, staff and kids on board. Yesterday during orientation Desmond Tutu addressed all of the students. He is a very charming and hilarious man. I have shook his hand on a couple occasions and am hoping to have the opportunity to eat with him at some point. Tomorrow I have Global Studies, the course that prepares us for all of our ports and also have a leadership class. I have very high expectations for my leadership class and hope it is all that it has been talked up to be. I have been working a lot with our student from Spain that is working with students to help provide insight on the culture of Spain. He is so sweet but has broken English. I am working with him to prepare for his presentation on Thursday. This is the part of my job that I think I will enjoy the most. We have 6 more days till we see land! Hopefully its smooth sailing from here to Cadiz ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment